Facebook-like / Stackoverflow-like notifications on your question2answer forum that can replace all email-notifications.
- users get notifications about the following events: incoming answer, incoming comment, question was up- or downvoted, answer was up- or downvoted, answer got selected as best, incoming private message
- yellow notify bubble on top next to the username
- easy to use for all your forum users
- notification box shows new events and also events of last 100 days (specify days in plugin options)
- notifies on: incoming answer, incoming comment, best answers and upvotes
- lightweight plugin that does not need any extra server resources
- available languages: de, en, fr, lt
- compatible to question2answer v1.6 and v1.7+ (might also work with 1.5)
Do something good for your users and improve their usability experience in your forum!
Try the demo in our q2apro test forum.
- Download the ZIP file provided q2apro-on-site-notifications.zip
- Make a full backup of your q2a database before installing the plugin.
- Extract the folder q2apro-on-site-notifications from the ZIP file.
- Move the folder q2apro-on-site-notifications to the qa-plugin folder of your Q2A installation.
- Use your FTP-Client to upload the folder q2apro-on-site-notifications into the qa-plugin folder of your server.
- Navigate to your site, go to Admin -> Plugins and check if the plugin "On-Site-Notifications" is listed.
- Change the plugin options if you like.
- Congratulations, your new plugin has been activated!
This code is in use in many q2a forums and has been tested thoroughly. However, please make a full MySQL backup of your data before installing this plugin in production environments. There could be, for instance, another plugin that interferes with this plugin. We cannot accept any claim for compensation if data is lost.
Copyright © q2apro.com - All rights reserved.
Redistribution of the plugin code not permitted.
Plugin License: GPL v3
This program is free software. You can redistribute and modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
If you have any issues, please post them in the github repository: