PrefaceWith q2a v.1.6.3 under admin/spam you have the option: "Email me when a new user registers". With this plugin:
- you can specify another email address that should be informed,
- the IP address is included in the email with a link to block it.
- the country of the new user is determined and included in the email.
- profile fields specified at registration are supposed to be included in the email as well, however, this is not possible with q2a v1.6.3 see here. I hope I can add it in the future.
- The plugin serves new developers as an example for an event plugin including admin options!
- Install Question2Answer if you haven't already.
- Get the source code for this plugin directly from github or from the q2apro plugin page.
- Extract the files.
- Optional: Change language strings in file q2apro-notify-registration-lang-default.php
- Upload the files to a subfolder called q2apro-notify-registration inside the qa-plugin folder of your Q2A installation.
- Navigate to your site, go to Admin -> Plugins. Check if the plugin "Notify on User Registration" is listed.
- Click on options and change the email address if needed.
- Congratulations, the plugin is active now.
This is beta code. It is probably okay for production environments, but may not work exactly as expected. You bear the risk. Refunds will not be given!
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
All code herein is OpenSource. Feel free to build upon it and share with the world.
Question2Answer is a free and open source PHP software for Q&A sites.