Users can subscribe to their favorite tags and the plugin emails them daily if there are new questions.
- Plugin checks daily on new questions to subscribed tags ("categories")
- Plugin sends emails to all subscribed users, according to their favorite tags
- User can opt-in and opt-out at any time (subscription settings page)
- Admins can preview the newsletter.
- Admins can manage all user subscriptions.
- Note: The "favorite tags" are independent from the core favorites. We use an extra database table to manage them.
- Buy the plugin and download the ZIP file provided q2apro-newsletter-favtags.zip
- Make a full backup of your q2a database before installing the plugin.
- Extract the folder q2apro-newsletter-favtags from the ZIP file.
- Move the folder q2apro-newsletter-favtags to the qa-plugin folder of your Q2A installation.
- Use your FTP-Client to upload the folder q2apro-newsletter-favtags into the qa-plugin folder of your server.
- Navigate to your site, go to Admin -> Plugins and check if the plugin Q2APRO Newsletter FavTags is listed.
- Change the settings of the plugin or visit the provided pages.
- Congratulations, the plugin has been installed and your newsletter is ready!
This code has been tested thoroughly. However, please make a full MySQL backup of your data before installing this plugin in production evironments. There could be, for instance, another plugin that interferes with this plugin. We cannot accept any claim for compensation if data is lost.