The heartbeat of your forum. Displays the newest incoming events on a page and within a widget.
- provides a liveticker page at yourforum.com/liveticker with all incoming questions, answers, comments and best answers
- all events are loaded each 30 seconds using Ajax, no HTML page reloads
- option to filter the liveticker to only questions | answers | comments | best answers
- filtering can be done by keys q a c b and e for emptying the list of events
- the browser tab displays the number of new events e.g. (3) Liveticker
- option to clear the liveticker
- mouse over a comment shows the comment text in a tooltip
- you also get a liveticker widget (to be placed in the sidebar) that shows the last 3 forum events
- control who can access the liveticker page (anybody, registered users, experts, admins)
- very engaging for existing and new users, let them follow your site and get addicted!
- easy installation, even for non-programmers
- available languages: en, fr, de
This plugin is used at www.mathelounge.de/liveticker - one of the biggest question and answer forums for mathematics in German speaking countries.
- Buy the plugin and download the ZIP file provided q2apro-liveticker.zip
- Make a full backup of your q2a database before installing the plugin.
- Extract the folder q2apro-liveticker from the ZIP file.
- Move the folder q2apro-liveticker to the qa-plugin folder of your Q2A installation.
- Use your FTP-Client to upload the folder q2apro-liveticker into the qa-plugin folder of your server.
- Navigate to your site, go to Admin -> Plugins and check if the plugin "Liveticker" is listed.
- Change the plugin settings to meet your needs, and save the changes.
- Congratulations, your new plugin can now be accessed at yourforum.com/liveticker
This code is in use in many q2a forums and has been tested thoroughly. However, please make a full MySQL backup of your data before installing this plugin in production environments. There could be, for instance, another plugin that interferes with this plugin. We cannot accept any claim for compensation if data is lost.